Brymec Launches New B2B Ecommerce Platform on Magento 2
What they needed
Brymec is one of the leading suppliers of components to the building services sector. An established industry leader in online sales, they wanted to provide an even better solution that could be scalable for the future as the business, and customer needs evolved. As part of their commitment to providing ‘the future of online ordering’, Brymec decided to create a world-class B2B online ordering platform that would make the procurement process easier, faster and simpler for their customers. With over 14,000 products available for next day delivery, Brymec needed an ecommerce solution that would allow them to efficiently deliver orders on site, on time, every time.
Using the agile software development methodology, we worked with Brymec’s internal project team to develop a new ecommerce store, built on the Magento 2.2 B2B codebase. Through consultation with our client, we created a host of new features to better serve Brymec’s time-poor business buyers in the growing construction sector:
- Full account management with access to reports, invoices and order history
- Custom team structures, permissions and hierarchy-based requisitions feature
- Custom checkout experience
- Advanced ‘My Account’ and Dashboard areas for better user experience
- Permission based ERP transaction view
- Frontend user roles and permission-level management
- Tender quotes with component list functionality
- Company-level checkout delivery addresses with searchable dropdown
- Live online order tracking and proof of delivery
- Add to Favourites / Add to List options for prompt online ordering
The new platform involved several integrations with third parties, such as OGL (ERP), SagePay (Payment) and PODFather/ Dx Freight (Delivery providers). Additionally, we implemented a large volume of data migration from the existing platform.
Impact and Results
Brymec’s new B2B ecommerce platform takes the ordeal out of ordering, enhancing communication between site and head office. Within the first week since launch, the site processed and fulfilled over 300 online orders. Both Brymec and their customers are very happy with the resulting website, with consistent positive feedback from the construction procurement sector. We look forward to continuing our work with Brymec to further optimise their B2B ecommerce performance.