DITA was founded in Los Angeles in 1995 with the mission to create innovative, finely crafted luxury eyewear with a totally unique look and feel. Since then, DITA has earned a cult-like following amongst the world’s most influential celebrities, stylists and trendsetters. DITA is a premium, luxury brand with high levels of recognition, commercial success and physical retail presence in the US. With an international office established in Dublin, DITA’s challenge was to replicate this high-end customer experience through a multichannel digital platform in the North America, Asia Pac and Europe.
In order to expand the brand’s footprint, we set about building a global ecommerce store localised to territory, language and currency. We worked with DITA to create a collection of beautiful, conversion-oriented transactional ecommerce stores on Magento Enterprise, targeting customers across the world with 31 individual market specific stores. Features of the ecommerce platform include:
- 3 brands as part of the platform; DITA, Dita Von Teese & Thom Browne
- 31 Stores with localisation (Currency, Language, Catalogue, Content, Tax Rules, Pricing) for each website with Geo IP Redirection based on location
- Highly customised front end with Parallax for homepage and stylist journey
- Stripe & Realex Payment Integration for Payment Processing
- Advanced Anti-Fraud with Kount
- Marketing Automation Integration with Bronto
- Complex Catalogue with Configurable & Simple Products
- Multi-Warehouse Inventory for Multi-Territory Fulfilment
- Order & Credit Integration
- Customer & Contacts Integration
The DITA website includes a 'Meet the Dita Stylist' section which allows visitors to be directed to a catalogue of products based on a series of questions about their gender, eyewear needs, face shape and their personal style preferences. The website is connected to a global ERP to manage stock and delivery across the current markets, and is integrated to a managed translation service to enable the DITA team to roll out multiple new markets.
Impact and Results
This is a great example of how we have helped a brand meet the challenges of taking their products to the global market. Through complex GEOIP restrictions, ERP integration, multi-warehouse inventory calls, tax and fraud management, language localisation, payments and shipping, we have built a platform for international expansion. The DITA Eyewear and sister sites are a great case in point of how a premium retail brand can effectively expand internationally, using digital as the way paver.