Woodie’s DIY is a 100% Irish owned DIY store and a subsidiary of Grafton Group PLC. The company is the market leader in Ireland with 36 branches nationwide, offering over 30,000 products across an extensive range of DIY materials, paints, lighting, homewares, bathroom accessories, fitted kitchens, building and gardening products. They are committed to expanding the business and recognised that eCommerce success is crucial to achieving such growth. We partnered with Woodie’s to redesign and redevelop Woodies.ie on the Magento Enterprise platform to deliver a best in class, multi-channel responsive eCommerce experience and brought their aspiration of content-driven commerce to life.
This was a very collaborative project between Monsoon Consulting’s cross-functional team of eCommerce experts and Woodie’s internal eCommerce, digital, IT and marketing teams. Following an Agile software development methodology, we redesigned and redeveloped the eCommerce platform to deliver a truly content-driven eCommerce experience for the Woodie's consumer.
- A Magento multi-sites architecture that is fully flexible and supports the addition of new stores, currencies, and countries
- Magento product attributes with custom options for colour swatches and hex colours to enhance the user experience and increase conversion
- Product images and video guides
- One-page, one-step responsive checkout to increase conversion rates
- Payment gateway integration with deferred payments through Sagepay
- Click and Collect to allow free in-store pickup, displaying all store locations on Google maps, with information on real distance from customer billing address to store
- MS Dynamics NAV integration as the Single Source of Truth for the full catalogue (products, categories, attributes), orders and order fulfilment, customers, promotions, and stock data
- Video-driven sales enabling customers to purchase multiple products after watching a video, directly from the video page
- Stock availability checker allowing Woodie's store staff to check stock in all brick-and-mortar stores
- Improved Store Locator, making it easy for customers to find their local Woodie’s store
Impact and Results
Woodies.ie launched on Magento Enterprise in October 2016. The new, responsive website has transformed Woodie’s digital presence, allowing them to provide their extensive customer base with an engaging, omnichannel retail experience. Some of the key features of the new platform include:
Click & Collect
A key feature of the new Woodie's site is the newly designed and integrated workflow for Click & Collect. Utilising the availability of stock across 32 Woodie’s store locations, Click & Collect allows customers to check the availability of products, pay for their order online and then collect their order once it is ready in store. For further convenience, the customer can simply click "Use my location", and the website will automatically display the store closest to the current location. If an item is not in stock in the location selected, they can view availability at alternative branches.
Tips & Advice
DIY buyers are always on the lookout for guidance on completing their projects. The Tips & Advice section on the new Woodie's website provides excellent tutorials and videos to help customers with home improvement and DIY projects. Our team helped to design a fully featured area for this rich content, making it easy for customers to find the information they are looking for, as well as providing a platform for Woodie's to publish safety information for their customers.
Woodie's do a very effective job of displaying their range of Fitted Kitchens in their stores. Due to the highly personalised nature of fitted furniture, it was decided to showcase the full range online, while enabling the customer to book an appointment with one of the highly experience Woodie's team to consult and guide them through the purchase of their new fitted kitchen.
Woodie's have curated some excellent content for the "Inspiration" section. This area of the website gives tips, advice and ideas to inspire your next DIY project. Featured blogger, Leonie Cornelius, provides step-by-step guides to help you on your way to DIY heaven. Check out her recent post on "Polka Dot Pumpkin Lanterns". Her guides include all instructions needed to complete your project, as well as a list of required materials.