MAGENTO FRONTEND DEVELOPER (FULL-TIME, OFFICE / REMOTE)
We are recruiting a Frontend developer to join our growing E-Commerce team. This is an excellent opportunity for an e-commerce web developer to work with a team of exceptional strategic, creative and technical digital specialists.
As an Enterprise Solution Partner, we work collaboratively to deliver best-in-class e-commerce applications for some of Europe's biggest retail brands.
- Reporting to the Product Owner and eCommerce Product Development Lead, you will use agile / scrum methodologies to complete technical tasks as part of the overall delivery of product features
- As a frontend developer, your primary responsibility will be to translate designs into fully functional and responsive Magento stores, using the most advanced web technologies to efficiently create an excellent user experience.
- Perform coding to expected coding standards.
- Collaborate with UI/UX team and backend development team to produce best in class frontend experience for clients
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies.
- 2+ years experience with Magento 1.x and 2.x (CE and EE), good understanding of the functional and technical aspects of Magento applications.
- Experience with CSS frameworks and CSS preprocessors.
- Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop is an advantage.
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for design and usability principles.
- Experience with a JS framework is required (e.g. AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS or KnockoutJS)
- Knowledge of Node.js and experience with frontend automation tools such as Gulp and Grunt.
Required Interpersonal Skills
- Must have a good command of written & verbal English.
- Must have a high attention to detail, ability to work, interact and communicate with teams in the organisation
- Positive, can do attitude
- Creative & self-motivated.
- Quick, self-learner is preferable
- Experience working in large project team with multiple developers
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently
- A team player who can work in cross functional teams and directly with clients
As a plus but not required
- Experience with TypeScript
- Any experience building custom PWAs/SPAs.
- Knowledge of PHP and/or Magento backend.
- Knowledge of general web development tools/services like Git, Docker, MySQL, and Nginx.
- Contribution to open source and community projects.
CAREER INCENTIVES & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Sponsored training and certification opportunities
- Sponsored community / event participation opportunities
- Sponsored ongoing agile coaching and mentoring
- Flexible career path options
- Performance appraisals and personal development plans
- Monsoon Consulting is a rapidly expanding digital agency, with locations in Dublin, London and Kiev.
- Collaborative working environment with a young and energetic team